
Sports Camps 2001
(I know, I look like one of the participants!)
Well, the weeks ended and we really didn't keep in contact. She graduated high school and took off to SoCal for school and to play soccer. After two years, she decided to transfer to BYU. One day I was driving across campus (in a golf cart since I use to work in the visitors center) and ran into her (not literally). It was so random! We exchanged info and from then on she has been one of my best friends. We've played lots of sports together (football, basketball, softball and soccer) and we even decided to be roommates for a summer. I have loved being friends with her. We even took a fun trip to New York together in the summer of 2006. I had been wanting to go out there, I had friends living in D.C., New York and Boston who I could visit, and I just needed a traveling companion. Trish was in and we had a blast!
.jpg)
Left: Market Street in D.C. Right: The Capitol
.jpg)
Left: Outside the West Wing at the White House (with Cam and Ben who gave us the VIP tour)
Right: at the Washington, D.C. Temple

Left: NYSE Bull Right: We had to capture what we really looked like walking around NY. We always had a map out trying to figure out where we were going. In this pic we were actually in the newly finished subway through ground zero (in the background)
Right: My dad, through one of his million connections, hooked us up with producer seats to see The Lion King on broadway. Cost us a pretty penny...but SO worth it. It was a great show...and you can't get too much better than dead center in the 15th row (well...I guess you could get in one of the 14 rows in front of us, but still.) Thanks dad!

Left: Fenway Park! Besides all the historical places we had to see on our east coast trip, we decided we had to add in a couple other 'must sees' in each city: the LDS temple and the ballparks! We succeeded at all of these!
Right: Boston Harbor (I wanted to throw tea in, but apparantly that's frowned upon!)
And then Rand and I were able to make the trip out for her wedding in Oakland, California (Trish is from Utah, but Andy is from the bay area and they chose Oakland to get married.) Rand and I were heading to California for Thanksgiving anyway, so we just decided to make the trip out there a little early and be there for the wedding. Again, I was honored that Trish asked me to be her escort that day...it was a really cool experience.
And Trish is always so thoughtful! Because her sister is not a member of our church and could not be in the temple for the sealing, Trish decided not to get in her wedding gown and everything in the elegant brides room and instead had her sister help her get ready (she really wanted her sister to be a part of it) and they got ready in the tiny, crammed space of the visitors bathroom.










No comments:
Post a Comment