Sunday, April 20, 2008

Catch-up

JACK IS BACK (in Utah)
Anyone who knows Rand knows that he is a HUGE Jack Johnson fan. I found out from a co-worker that he was coming back to Utah in August (thanks Eddie! Last I checked I didn't see any tour dates.) Since Rand hadn't mentioned anything, I figured he had no clue he was coming and it would be a perfect surprise. So, I ordered the tickets and thought of a fun way to surprise him with them (I'm surprised I kept it a secret...I usually get so excited about it I would just tell him.)

So, I decided to send him on a scavenger hunt around our apartment. I set it all up and then went and picked him up from work one Friday night. When we got to the front door there was a note with a clue waiting for him. Each clue used lines from Jack Johnson songs that led him to somewhere in our apartment where the next clue was waiting. Once he had collected all the clues, he had to piece all of them together like a puzzle. Then he flipped the puzzle over to find the 'prize'. I think it is safe to say that he loved it! He knew pretty quickly from the clues that it involved Jack Johnson. He thought he was getting the CD at the end...but was pleasantly surprised to find it was tickets instead!





Lori's Baby Shower
My old roommate Lori had a baby shower for her first little one on the way. She should be having her little girl any day now (poor Lori has been having steady contractions for about a month now! You could see her in slight pain throughout the shower.) I hadn't seen her in over a year (though we do talk here and there on IM). It was fun to see her and Sam and to catch up on some things. Her sister-in-law had all these cute baby games (none of them consisting of guessing the baby food or candy bar in the diaper, thank you Cindy!) As well, she had made some very scruptious (that's a Lori type word being used for a post about her) foods!




Trevor Time
Brian had asked us to watch Trevor while he went mountain biking with some friends (Emily was in Salt Lake on a 'Girls Weekend' and Ellie was in California with my parents). We weren't able to do it because I had Lori's baby shower to go to. Well, while at the shower I get a call from Brian asking if I can come and help him with Trevor because he crashed while biking and dislocated his shoulder! Poor Brian...it seems stuff like this always happens to him.


After the baby shower I headed up to Brian's and picked Trevor up to take with me on a few errands I needed to run. In the 15 minute drive from Brian's to Costco, Trevor was out! I tried to wake him up before going in, but he wouldn't budge. So...I just got him comfy in the cart and picked up the few things I needed to get (most of them packed under the cart so not to disturb Trevor). It was fun to see everyone looking at him sleeping away in the cart as I pushed it through the store.


Then we went and picked Rand up from studying and headed home to put the stuff away before taking Trevor home. It was Saturday night and the NCAA playoffs were on. Trevor was fussy so I put on his Mickey Mouse movie to make him happy while I put stuff up. Rand couldn't believe Mickey Mouse was winning over basketball and told Trevor it was a sign of how much he loved him. Well, Trevor got side tracked and decided to help me put up stuff in the closet (such a big helper)...and Rand took the opportunity to turn on the game. After we were done and Trevor got his fruit snack treat he walked back into the family room and looked at the TV and started crying, "where's Mickey, I want Mickey". I immediately start to laugh and just can't wait until Rand gets to deal with this on a regular basis with our own kids! Seriously...how many dads out there know the theme songs to Dora the Explorer, Hannah Montana, the Backyardigans, etc. Somehow though, Rand actually talked Trevor into 'watching basketball like a man' and it worked!


Here's Trevor fast asleep in the car and the cart!

No comments: