Tuesday, April 15, 2008

December 2007

Okay, so this is kind of a 'quick catch-up' blog to cover a few things we did at the end of the year. This first one was actually in November, but I forgot to put it in an earlier post. Oh well!
Kevin was out visiting (no picture of him and Adam from that night) and we decided to go with them and Brian and Emily to the Kings vs. Jazz game. For the first few years I was out at BYU I would got with a group of friends from Sacramento to all these games at the Delta Center. It was always fun (and the Kings always won). Well, times have changed! The Jazz worked the Kings this night...oh well! It was still fun. We had a fair split with the couples too (Brian and Chelsy are Kings fans, Rand and Emily are Jazz fans). I particularly like the hats Brian and Emily are sporting!







Rand's mom, Susan, had her birthday and we went out to dinner with them to the Cheesecake Factory (Susan's choice). It was delicious! They also gave Susan a fun little birthday slice of incredibly rich chocolate cake! We also, another night, went with them to the BYU dance departments Christmas Around the World (Rand would take her each year for her birthday...but his parents suggested we all go together this year).















Ian's Birthday! We invited some people over for a fun little gathering: Christmas/Ian's birthday all wrapped into one. This is the cake I had been wanting to make forever. Because I was in a hurry, I wasn't able to follow the directions exactly and well, it shows! It's supposed to be an ice cream turtle cake. Thanks for the help with it Lauren! We might have to try again sometime...but follow the 'time in the freezer' directions more closely!






New Year's Eve
We have some friends over for New Year's eve. It was a fun night with taco salad, sparkling cider, ice cream and games. Oh...and watching the ball drop on TV (Joanna had never seen it before), as well as some of the random concerts that are on New Year's Eve night.

Funny item of the night: trying to take the group picture. We just couldn't get it right (as you can see). I think we finally got a good picture, but it wasn't with my camera!




Christmas 2007
I'm not sure how I did it, but I didn't get any pictures of our 'first Christmas' together. Ridiculous, I know. We spent Christmas this year in Utah with Rand's family. He and I both still worked most of the days since we were out here. We went up to his parents house on Christmas Eve and had a wonderful Christmas Day with his whole family. I have to say it is nice at times to not have to travel long distances when you are 'on vacation'.
I thought I would at least document our first Christmas tree (the random picture I have of it). Also, Rand's mom found out I wanted to get the Willow Tree Navity set. I can't really afford to just buy the whole thing...but she got me the 'starter' set as an early Christmas present and then added one of the smaller pieces as a present on Christmas day.
We also got some other wonderful gifts from the rest of our family. Lots of things that we have loved and been enjoying (especially the things that we've been able to docorate our apartment with...big thanks to both our parents for that one).

No comments: