
Well, here it is again...the Adventure Passport! Rand and I decided to check another place off our 'passport list' by going to the Thanksgiving Pointe Museum. But we thought it might be a little more fun to take Ellie and Trevor with us. So...we gave Brian and Emily a night off and took the kids with us.
The museum has a lot of 'hands-on' exibits where the kids (adults too) can feel the different fossils and things. Ellie and Trevor loved it. They especially loved the little area where they could play in the sand with the toy dinosaurs and the water. Ellie quickly became friends with another girl who knew far more about dinosaurs than I ever knew you could know at that age! She knew the names of all the dinosaurs as they picked them up and played with them (then again, I know nothing about dinosaurs...how do I know if she was right or not?!) And Trevor...well, he loved to drop the sand into the water, that was all the fun he needed!
Actually, Trev didn't even need water...he just liked playing with the sand (as seen below). They have an exhibit where you can go digging for fossils. You grab a brush and go in and start searching for the hidden bones underneath. Ellie ran into her dinosaur loving friend again, and rather than uncover things...they decided to try to bury the other girl. And Trevor...back to dropping the sand! I guess playing with fossils is just so out-dated (haha...get it? Fossils...out-dated!)
And this is where I started to have a little more fun with the kids (as you can see below). I wanted Trevor to act scared of 'jaws' with me...but he wasn't acting. He really was scared to death of the shark and was trying to get away.
And lastly, a little trick photography! I was a little behind on the 'spear throwing' pose...but Ellie pulled it off perfectly! It really looks like she threw one of them.
By the time we got through the whole museum (without really even seeing everything), we were all tired, hungry and ready to go. But we had a great time and I absolutely love spending time with my adorable niece and nephew.












1 comment:
Wow, you've been updating like crazy!!! Good job!! Love all the pics.
Post a Comment