Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A little Catch-up

The MTC
I think most everyone knows that Rand teaches at the MTC (he teaches spanish). He loves this job and I know that the day he stops working there he will be really sad. This is just one of the many districts that he has taught. At the time that we got engaged he had Kurt Thomson (my home ward) in his group, and he has taught a few other people from back home during his time at the MTC.


BYU vs. UNLV Home Game 2.16.08




Rand's cousin Jarend (and old roommate) came down to visit from BYU Idaho and attend the basketball game with us. Before the game, Rand and I went to dinner at Macaroni Grill with his parents. Rand and I had some fun playing hangman on the paper tablecloth that they put down for you. Rand was the winner for sure.

The game was fun! BYU won (too bad they didn't win when it really counted...the conference championships!) We met up at the game with: Jared and Mandy, Jimmy Joe and Joanna, Tyson and Lauren, and Nick and Stef.










Valentine's Day
For Valentine's Day Rand and I joined our neighbors, Craig and Veva, for dinner at Tucanos. The boys especially loved it (unlimited meat is always a good thing to Rand!) Rand and I look a little dressed up...but we both came straight from work!
After dinner I came home to a scavenger hunt in our apartment to find a gift certificate for the mall (someday I'll find time to go shop and use it!) For Rand I made some cards for him that I gave him throughout the day (with some chocolate dipped strawberries and raspberries...his favorite.)




Chilean Deli
Rand and I met up with one his mission companions, Lincoln, and his wife Jenny and their daughter Evie. Rand and Lincoln served in the Chile, Santiago North mission. It was fun to get together with them, eat Chilean food (I actually do like it), and listen to them speak spanish (which they both love to do). Lincoln, Jenny and Evie are off to Duke here in a few months. We'll have to make another trip to the deli before they go!


1 comment:

Justin said...

I haven't seen Chilean food in forever... that is awesome!! Is Lincoln making the "puelento" sign! Geese!! Haven't seen that for awhile!!

You guys take care!!