So many of you may remember the post I did a year ago about taking second place in our intramural basketball league after losing by a couple points in over-time (click here).
Well...NOT THIS YEAR!!!
We won the coveted t-shirt by winning our championship game.
And it wasn't an easy road either!
And it wasn't an easy road either!
During the season we lost one girl in a game when she was totally taken out by an opposing player (cheap shot) and had to have surgery for a torn ACL and MCL.
Then we lost another girl (in the pictures below) who sprained her ankle REALLY bad in one of our tournament games (her foot was CRAZY! The entire thing was black and blue and incredibly swollen! I've never seen anything like it and I've seen lots of ankle sprains in my day!)
Most of our regular season games were played with 4 girls (so many scheduling conflicts).
1st tourney game: we started with 5, ended with three and still won.
2nd tourney game: played with five (one player with four fouls all 2nd half), and won because the other teams fouled us ON THE BUZZER when the score had been tied! (We still don't know what they were thinking to foul us when the game would have gone into overtime!)
3rd tourney game: that when Kristi sprained her ankle. We played the second half with four girls (and one had four fouls the entire time). It ended after two over-times!
4th tourney game: little easier win for us because we actually had everyone there!
(this pic is after this game...on our way to the championship)

5th & Championship game: beat a team that absolutely demolished us in the regular season!
Redemption is sweet!

Redemption is sweet!

Us in our intramural championship t-shirts!
(BELOW PICTURE (Top-Bottom, L-R): Kristi, Janet, Chelise, Becky, ME, Jessica and Rosey)

And our 'fans' who came out to support us!
It was fun playing with all you girls!I now have a championship t-shirt in every sport I've participated in at BYU
except FOOTBALL!!! Those darn Thundercats!
One day I'll complete the t-shirt collection!
3 comments:
Congrats! Hey, I don't know why my google reader stopped showing me your blog posts, but I'm back now:) I was blown away by the cake you did for Addie
OK..so Im not gonna lie...IM SO JEALOUS!! How many years did I play intramural b-ball and How many times did my (our) team win a shirt? NEVER!!! NEVER!! Oh well...that is a happy moment. Im sad that I could not have been there to celebrate (Or play) with you!
Chelsy--how's the Belmonters? I can't believe you guys are in there now. CRAZY! Wish I could have seen you.
Post a Comment