Friday, April 24, 2009

We got in!

We were picked in the raffle for the

Burley Idaho Lions Spudman Triathlon


Last year I got in and Rand didn't because they had a very flawed registration process.
This year, because of all the problems from last year, they went to a raffle system.


I did this triathlon 3 years ago (my first ever) and LOVED it!
I'm not a strong swimmer (it's more mental that physical) and this triathlon is
made for those who aren't strong swimmers since the swim is downstream in the river.
The bike is a pretty good ride too.
A few good hills and a smooth ride.


The run is...well, the run.
After a mile swim and a 25 mile bike ride,
the 6 mile run is what it is...a 6 mile run in the hot sun!

I'm so excited...let the TRAINING begin!



Speaking of Training....

We started a new workout program about a month ago:


It's awesome!
We started out really well on it for the first two weeks
and we were feeling great and seeing results!

Then Rand had finals, and I got really busy wrapping some stuff up with my calling,
playing 4 intramual basketball games in one week, and making some cakes.
Therefore we got off it a little, and I CAN TELL! Ugh!

All that hard work seemed to go down the drain for me!

But, we are still going and hopefully a few weeks of slacking won't kill us too much!
not to mention the major training addition we'll be adding in now of
biking, swimming and running!

It won't be long until we are looking like this (haha!):

If you want a good workout routine, I recommend it.
It has GREAT variety, lets you control your intensity (which can be detrimental to you if you aren't willing to push it), and gets you paying attention more to what you are eating.
Downfall: the 'diet' portion of it (not really a diet, but a food plan during the workout) can get
pretty expensive at first with all the protein (meat and powder) that you take.
But I'm FAR more conscience about what I am eating now
(even if that just means that I'm more aware that the cookie I'm eating is REALLY bad! haha!)

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Tim is doing P90X and he loves it. I don't participate other than watch him and listen to Tony...gotta love Tony!

Good luck at the triathlon!

Courtney said...

wow, I am seriously impressed! I have always been so amazed at people who can do those triathalons, it takes a special person. Good luck!

Tim said...

I love this workout. I feel so much more fit, though I haven't lost any weight. Hoping its muscle. The Yoga is by far my favorite workout.

cameron said...

this seems to be the hip thing to do - i know so many poeple doing it... way to go!!!! good luck on triatholon - YOU CRAZY