Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Let's take a vote...

All my life I have heard the following lines:


"You have to be a McFadyen."


"You must be Gary's daughter."


"You look just like your mom."


"You are your mothers/fathers daughter."


I could keep going, but you get the point.


Anyway...I hear all the time from different people (depending on who they know better) that I look like one or the other of my parents (who I act like is a whole different question, so don't factor that into this!) And they usually say it while leaving no room for me to
look like the other parent.


So, just for fun, let's put it to a vote! Looking at the picture below of my parents at their wedding (when they were a little closer in age to me now), vote to the right side of the screen on who you think I look more like!

10 comments:

Andrew and MeKenzie said...

I think that is so funny. That is what happens to me too, we must just be good mixtures for everyone to feel differently!

Your cakes are looking excellent!!! I'm going to try and find a cake decorating class this summer to take but until then I was wondering if you are willing to share your frosting recipe? (you can email it to mekenziem@gmail.com) If not, seriously don't worry --but it looks like the perfect consistency.

I hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

moms coloring, dads features. maybe you just got the best of both worlds! :-)

Dana and Chase said...

your mom for sure.. the same thing happens to me, everyone tell me i look just like my dad or the other way around, but i think u have ur moms eyes and eyebrows! and do i se braces in the picture of ur mom at the wedding :)

SHELLY said...

You look just like your daddy but your eyes favor your mom's.

The Whelans said...

I think that you look more like father... but of course in a good way!

Lindsay said...

Dad with your mom's coloring

trudy...{and jamo} said...

i kind of think both! Cute parents!

i keep thinking about your awesome cakes!

colin and brooke thompson said...

50/50 for me! I saw Kevin sing in the garden, and boy has he changed! I see your dad in him! do you want to come out this week and make my kids b-day kite cake!???

Chance said...

I know I just have used it for so long I just dont want to let go of it! I guess I could start being more creative!

Looks like life is good for you both! I heard Rand was doing the Seminary Teaching thing, any word back yet? It is such a great thing!

We need to do a get together soon!

Kaisa Bailey said...

YOUR DAD. That picture of your parents is awesome. I agree with your momma's coloring, but you definitely look like your dad...crazy.