Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's

April Fool's Day is kind of an anticlimatic day in my book. All this talk of what will be done, and then everyone is so paranoid the next day you can't actually pull anything off. My apologies to Lauren because she was out of town and asked us to prank her hubby. We wanted to break in and steal his truck key and move it in the middle of the night...but alas, we never actually got to it.

Of course yesterday was FULL of pranks here and there...yet none of them really seemed to cause a huge stir.

1. Our student employees took a 'picture' of our bosses screen and then set it as the screen picture. They also slowed down the mouse speed and tried to get him to think he had a virus that was supposed to hit yesterday. Usually he gets ticked really easily when his computer 'doesn't work' (aka: he's doing something wrong! haha). But he hadn't even heard of the virus, he didn't really react at all...instead he just walked down to the IT guys to get help. They came and knew right away it was a prank. Blah!

2. We gave my co-worker a message from a 'mom' named Myra Maines and asked him to call her back ASAP because she had questions about registering for a camp. He called the number written with the name (actually a mortuary) and proceeded to ask for Myra Maines. The girl on the other end reponded, "sorry, there is no one here by that name." He just said, "Oh, okay. Sorry." Who is this girl?! It must be her first year working at a mortuary on April Fool's day. I'm sure she was confused at why she was getting calls all day for Myra Maines (my remains). We then had to explain the joke to our co-worker. Again...blah!

3. THIS WAS THE WINNER: My boss (who had the computer prank pulled on him) had one of our secretaries call another administrator in our division (works next to us over the cubicle wall). He was just recently released as a bishop for our church, which he had served in for a number of years. It had been about a week or two since he was released and he didn't have a new calling yet. Well, she called and said that she was Elder Oaks secretary and that Elder Oaks wanted to meet with him and his wife the next day. I was listening on the other side of the wall when he got the call. It was hilarious. He asked questions about where to park and other things (which she was already prepped for giving the official answer). When he hung up he was silent. This was how we knew we got him (otherwise he would have been asking everyone who did it.) He then disappeared into our directors office for 15 minutes (our director was in on it too) and proceeded to talk to him about this whole thing. He was skeptical that it was a joke...but also scared that it might not be! haha. After he got out of the office my boss finally went over and started asking questions that gave it away. I think he was relieved more than anything!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hahah..that last one is awesome! I didn't do ONE thing on April Fools. I was gonna prank Scott telling him that I found out the sex of the baby at the doctors appointment, but then messed things up when I called him to confirm a date and time for the upcoming ultrasound! Oh well...Next year, maybe!

Debbie said...

Ha! That last one is cruelly funny. I'm glad some people still get into April Fool's. I was just at home all day with two little girls... no pranks, unless you count all the dirty diapers I had to change. What a joke! :) I need more energy and fun in my life again. :)