Well, another football season come and gone...and AGAIN, we got 2nd place!
But I have to say, we finished out on one heck of a game!

In the past 6 years, I think we've ended up in the championship game against the Thundercats (comprised mainly of BYU track runners) 4 - 5 of those years! Would you like to know how many times the Cowgirls were victorious...a BIG FAT ZERO!
Most years it is always close. The last two years though, it seems they easily walked away with it. We thought it could go the same way this year after their ridiculous beating of us in the 2nd round of tournament. However, with some recovered injuries, settled positions and a little switch up at QB...we pulled off a GREAT game that in the end could have easily gone either way.
Most years it is always close. The last two years though, it seems they easily walked away with it. We thought it could go the same way this year after their ridiculous beating of us in the 2nd round of tournament. However, with some recovered injuries, settled positions and a little switch up at QB...we pulled off a GREAT game that in the end could have easily gone either way.
Unfortunately for us...it went their way!
So we FINALLY decided it was time that we took a combined team photo
(since we see each other so often!)
The picture didn't turn out too great for some of us, but it's all I got.
(since we see each other so often!)
The picture didn't turn out too great for some of us, but it's all I got.
For those looking closely: yes, that is Cosmo in the picture. He graciously came out to the game to cheer on the Thundercats (guess its who you know that counts sometimes!)
I got sick of the splint, and I'm told it's not broken (we question this), so I've already taken it off. I've done the splint 2 times before (two different seasons) and its annoying! Hopefully my finger doesn't look too disfigured after it's all healed. :o)
Well...perhaps we'll pull a victory off next year (if there is a next year!)
9 comments:
chels, you are hard core! haha seriously though. Hey, better 2nd then 3rd right?!?!
You guys are always so close! We were waiting for an injury to happen because it's been so long since you've had one! I'm glad it's just a little one :)
all I noticed was the ring, I love it! We will hopefully be able to make a UT trip once we move to CO. I want to get everyone from the orangevale ward that lives in UT together. It has been way too long since I've seen you & everyone else.
I am with Heather..I love your ring =)
I've got one up on you then. When I coached the BYU 184th ward we played the Thundercats and won by a score of 2-0 (Lame score I know but a victory is still a victory) I miss intramurals.
Travis...you won of a touchback! ridiculous, though I would take it too.
And to everyone, taking my brace off my finger was probably a bad idea. I've started to feel a lot of pain today. haha...when will I learn? :o)
bummer bummer bummer....
Darn it! I know this game was a big one for you! Wish I could have been there to play in it with ya! :) And of course you had to injure your finger, you wouldn't be as tough if you hadn't! :) Congrats on making it to the "ship" and maybe next year will be the lucky year.
When will the cowgirls be victorious?! I think I need to move back and rejoin the ranks to pull out the victory.
ps- this is Lins, not Brandon
Post a Comment