Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008

Okay, to preface my costume choice: if there is anyone out there that I am told I look similar to the most, it would be Tina Fey. When I have my glasses on and my hair is straight, I would always be told that I looked like Tina Fey from Weekend Update on SNL. Well, once Sarah Palin was announced as the VP canidate for the Republican party, I heard from a few people right away that I looked like her some too. I didn't really see the resemblance as much. Then of course, the whole Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin on SNL started happening and I gave in. I'd been wanting to cut my bangs for a while, so I waited until the day before our Ward Halloween party (which was last Saturday, the 25th). Even though Rand looks nothing like McCain, we did our best and hoped it would make sense (we forgot to stuff a pillow in his shirt, that would have helped a little. Just think of him as McCain in his earlier years...thinner, but still graying.)


For the ward party, I went with the half-up hairdo and a pant suit. It wasn't spot-on, but did the job. When we walked in, everyone just started laughing...so we did a good enough job, I guess.


I got a picture with one of my favorite little boys in the ward, Carter. He's so adorable and Cindy (his mom) always does such a great job on his costumes (he was Winnie the Pooh last year).


Above is the Erb's. I had to get a pic because they did such a great job coordinating the costumes. They were, of course, Cinderella and Prince Charming. To match their little boy to the theme, he was a mouse. If you asked him who he was, he replied in the cutest little voice, "Gus Gus". haha...SO CUTE! (He refused to stand still for a picture though!)



There were tons of other great costumes, I just wasn't great on taking pictures that night.



The following week I had to hide the new bangs by pinning them to the side everyday. I didn't want to give away the costume idea since so many people at work joked I looked like Sarah Palin. In fact, two days before Halloween I met a new employee for the EFY office. After introducing ourselves she said, "Has anyone ever told you that you look kind of like Sarah Palin."

For the office, I decided to wear and skirt and do my hair all up. It is really hard to get your hair to be as high as hers!!! Lots of hairspray, mouse, etc...and I still couldn't do it justice! I also wished I had a red suit jacket...but I wasn't forking out the money for one day! I did however, find some campaign badges and look-a-like glasses.


It got a great reaction! Too much so! Soon I was being taken all over the building for people to see. I was even MADE (I tried to fight it) to go into a Women's Conference planning meeting (attended by one of BYU's VP's) and 'encourage' them all to vote on Tuesday.

Also at work, the above people all had dressed up from our department and they had us go deliver halloween candy to the Korean group that is here. I can't imagine the number of pictures of me there are now...SO many pictures being taken of us all. Even a few of the Korean guys were saying, "oh, it's Palin." haha!


Then my brother Brian, his wife Emily and their kids stopped by my office so I could see them. Brian and Emily were dressed as a convict and parole officer. Brian didn't help by wearing his Nor-Cal shirt under his jump-suit and his Kings wristband (Rand always tells me what thugs the Sac Kings are). They offered to let us borrow their costumes next year...but I'm more than 100% postive that I would NEVER fit into Em's costume.

Em decided to make use of the mickey ears they got for the kids this summer at Disneyland. She made the costumes herself (I wish I could sew like her!) They turned out adorable! They didn't realize that Ellie's sparkly red shoes didn't fit anymore, so they went with her tennis shoes last minute. And Trevor, when asked what Mickey says, would reply with a little laugh and then, "Oh Boy!" Again...TOO CUTE!




And this last pic is of my old supervisor Troy! I worked with him for 3 years and miss joking around with him everyday. My friend Amy and I stopped by to visit (he heard about my costume and wanted to see.) This is what we found! haha! I don't think he'll ever grow tired of his gross teeth! He may kill me that I posted this...but he has no choice!



A few days before Halloween we had an enrichment activity of decorating halloween cookies. It turned out great and was so chill. Because we didn't get the turn out we quite expected, we all decorated about 8 cookies each! Lauren, Heather and Jessica had a FIELD DAY with their cookies, it cracked me up so I had to get a picture of them all!

Thanks to everyone who came...it was a blast!


9 comments:

Jenner said...

dog gone it, you look just like palin! cutie cousin lauren on the last post! i miss that girl.

Jenner said...

ps not going home for christmas, :(

cameron said...

I LOVE YOUR COSTUME!!!

PS...LOOKING HOT WITH THE BRACES

Unknown said...

I am totally writing you guys in on my ballot! Love the costumes!

Marc and Stacy said...

Great costume. Love the bangs!

Mandy and Brian said...

Hahaha, I love the costumes! Although I'll still never forget Rand being a nerd for Halloween...he played the part so well!

Our Fun Times said...

HOw fun! I love that you were Sarah Palin....classic, great costume for you!! Man, I wish we could have gone to the Halloween party...I miss that! Miss you guys!

Sherrie said...

Very nice! Hope everything is well (and a little less crazy-busy) for you guys. Have a great day-")

Jen said...

I thought you looked like ME!!!!! =)