Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What else have we been up to?

Here's the first 'update':

Remember my earlier post about how my finger was just 'jammed really bad'. Well, after a week I took the splint off and for the next 3 weeks my finger just didn't feel right. As evidenced in this picture with my disfigured middle finger (the top of the front knuckle), I've broken a finger before (two actually). It really seemed to feel the same. So after Christmas (and playing basketball in Cali, getting my finger stepped on by my nephew, etc,) I decided I needed to go back and see my actual doctor (he was out delivering a baby the first time).
They didn't take new x-rays. My doctor looked at the same set of x-rays from a month before.

My finger was broken! (I knew it!)

After a new and improved splint was applied (below), and three weeks of being more careful knowing it was actually broken and not just jammed, I think I'm good.
I guess we'll find out for sure in my basketball game on Thursday! :o)


We also visited one of my good friends Kim, her husband Dan, and their new baby.
Meet Jaxon Daniel!
He just wanted to sleep the whole time...but Kim finally got him to wake up and say 'hello'.

He was so tiny and so adorable!

I also was able to briefly attend my old roommate Katie's baby shower.
I miss laughing and joking around with Katie all the time. The fun we had with our other roommates was an ab workout in itself!


Soon little Christopher (aka: Therald, haha) will join she and Kurt's little fam.
Don't worry Katie...he won't be invisible (despite what Steve says!)


Now for a random picture.

I always have my camera with me and I take pictures of things I like. I have a folder on my computer of scrapbooking ideas I like, decorations, furniture, etc. Then I can just go back to the pics to remember those things. I'm sure I look like a nerd taking pictures of these things in stores and other random places, but oh well.

Below is the table I saw at Costco the other day. This is the style of kitchen table I'd eventually like to have. It's not quite bar height, but not as low as a normal table (though I wouldn't mind a table height version.) I love that it has a leaf I can take out or put in whenever I want.
Perhaps when I have a spare $950 lying around we'll have this in our home. haha.


We attended a men's volleyball game with a few of our friends. We haven't gotten out to sporting events as much as we have wanted to. I don't have a sports pass (I was in the MBA program at the time and was in class for half the football games, so it wasn't worth buying.) And Rand is always swamped with homework. It was fun to go to the game...especially since BYU won!

Here's Jordan and Becca (lower row) and Krista and Bryce (with their little girl, Amy).


Another fun adventure: Ward Babysitting Night!

Our ward holds two ward babysitting nights a month so that those who have kids can enjoy a date night out without having to worry about finding a babysitter, or paying for one, on a student budget. We volunteered for one night with two other couples and it was a blast.
2 1/2 hours flew by!


Here is little Blake trying his hardest to blow some bubbles! Check out those lips!

The bubbles were a hit for all the kids. They just wanted to pop them forever!

The other big hit was the 'wagon'. All the kids wanted to be pulled through the halls (and some even wanted to do the pulling.) These two little girls are sisters (aren't they just so beautiful?)

Here's Tyson entertaining the troops all on his own.
I just love this picture! Look at the faces of both of them...too adorable!

Here's Ainslie getting ready to head back into the bubbles!
(okay, I don't really know what she was doing...but there were so many bubbles I wouldn't be surprised if she was getting a little wet.)


And lastly: MORE SNOW!
Yep...the snow has still been coming.
This was during the break, right after Christmas. This is what it looked like in our parking lot when I got up to get ready for work.

Ugh!
Can we atleast have a covered parking spot...is this too much to ask?!

2 comments:

gordon, cindy and carter said...

Love the pictures! I just wanted to let you know that it is Blake that is "trying" to blow bubbles in the first "babysitting night" pictures. When I read Carter I knew it wasn't my son and he has an older brother named Carter...so confusing I know :)

Chelsy said...

haha. It was really late when I posted that. I totally know which one is Carter and which one is Blake. I'll try to get it fixed before Candace sees! haha! Thanks!