Actually, that isn't true. I don't cry when I take the decorations down at all. I enjoy the Christmas season and I do love the added decor and 'warmth' it seems to bring into our apartment. But come New Year's Day for this OCD person, taking it all down is just another thing to check off my to-do list.
But, just for the fond memories and those who care, here's a look back at our little Christmas world:

These snowflakes were one of my favorite decorations. They are actually tree ornaments, but I only bought three of them and decided to make a little corner decoration. When we would chill and watch a movie at night, we'd just turn this corner light on and it would look pretty cool with the snowflakes 'falling down into it'. And yes, it is still snowing outside so these haven't been put away with all the other decorations quite yet!
I also thought I'd add in our finished bathroom (because I'm glad it is FINALLY done!)
When we were first married all Rand wanted was a tropical themed bathroom. I was a little hesitant because I didn't want pinapple soap dispensers, palmtree toothbrush holders (basically anything that screamed 'hi, I'm totally a tourist'). So he was patient while I slowly collected things that seemed a little more authentic.
Luckily Rand already had a couple things (the shell and the little island wood statues). We picked up the surf sign on our honeymoon while in San Diego from a little surf shop. With some fake greenery from the craftstore, a shelf that was 50% off, a tropical plate on clearance for $1, the cool metal palm trees (I was struggling to find a picture I liked to hang there) that was 70% at Mervyn's going out of business sale, a sweet surf-board rug his mom got for us while in Hawaii (not shown, sorry...couldn't get it all!), another little hawaiian figurine Rand picked up while in Hawaii (from Walmart of all places,) bamboo shower curtain rings, and of course, some nice pineapple/mango room scents from Bath and Body works...and we were set!



6 comments:
Chels I love the bathroom. I have been living at our new place for almost 6 months and I have done NOTHING! We want to to beach/tropical scenes as well and all I have right now are shells and sand that we collected at a sweet beach! So, you gave me some ideas...thanks! I can copy right? No one will know
yes you pulled it off! looks really cute,it's good to be patience & find what you really like.
haha...you can copy. Kim and I won't get mad at you because it's the same (like a small little incident in junior high! haha...such mean girls.)
I'm lovin the couch pillows. They are totally YUMMY!! I am OCD too with cleaning and decorating. I think our decor was even down before New Years. Sad! Maybe that will change with kids though.
so pretty! it's only been a few years and i'm already dying to redecorate. so if you go private, add me!! bethanyjackman at gmail
Hey there! I love the bathroom...it's relaxed and cool. NO sign of touristy-ness (word?)
Have a great day!
Post a Comment