We knew it was coming.
It took forever.
Somehow I hoped it wouldn't happen this year.
I hoped in vain.
It came.
It took forever.
Somehow I hoped it wouldn't happen this year.
I hoped in vain.
It came.



I've now officially lived in Utah for 10 years. I think the novelty of the snow has finally worn off for me. Perhaps if I was really into snow sports it could be different. But in order to be into snow sports (I actually do enjoy skiing), I have to first own the equipment. More importantly, I need to own REALLY WARM clothes (especially gloves). The first time I went snowboarding (about 11 years ago) I ended up in tears, sitting on a hill I had no business being on when it was my first time, praying my fingers wouldn't break off. The good graces of a friend of the guy I was dating at the time who traded me gloves is the only thing that got me out alive.
So until we have the money that gets us this nice gear as well as annual passes for two, I think I'm only going to get more sick of the snow. Yes, it's great to look at (especially when inside a nice, warm place). But I've decided that I can just buy a nice picture of it, hang it on the wall and call it good.
I'm ready for some year-round warmth (or at least NO MORE snow!!!)
10 comments:
I'm still not used to it either. It is definitely pretty though and I do love a white Christmas. And I actually I only hate it on Sundays...in heels!
So don't move to Las Vegas because we got 6 inches the other day and are supposed to get more!
I agree. I feel like a party pooper but it is so not fun standing in snow in the freezing cold waiting for buses!! I think that's my falling out with snow. But it is nice it's a white Christmas at least.
I am with you. After only four years of it in Idaho I was DONE!!!!! Pretty but retarded too =). Very love/hate relationship worthy!!!
maybe you should just get some good equipment? i am wishing we had some snow here, the kids got sleds but no snow to use them with. i would way rather have snow than freezing rain.
from your last post, i know the feeling about the intramurals. we were in the championship soccer game with the girls from the byu team at least four times. there should be some kind of rule against that!
You guys are so cute! I got to tell you though that it is a shame that you don't like the snow! I miss it so much. We can do a trade if you'd like? You can move to Texas and I will move to Utah :)
I have no idea how it happened. But that last comment was actually from me. Somehow it showed up as my friends post. Weird, weird, weird. But it was me :)
Janielle
Hey there!
Hope all is well...except for the snow and that you are both recovered from your various injuries.
Happy New Year, talk to you soon-
")
Hooray! I'm so glad we're blogging buddies now. And for cryin', move to the east coast already if you hate that snow. We barely get any where I live :)
i just wanted to make sure that i left my email address. genevievecurtis@gmail.com just in case i haven't yet :)
Post a Comment