Back on December 6th I threw a baby shower for my friend Kim. She should be having her little boy in the next few weeks! We're excited to see little Jaxon Daniel (assuming they don't decide to change his name by the time he comes!)
Dan's (Kim's hubby) family had already thrown her a shower, so this one was a little smaller. She even had a friend come up from Vegas for it. I consider myself a good friend, but I can't see myself making that big of a trip for a baby shower (not offense to any of you that do not live near me. Consider this your 'heads-up'.)

A few months back I saw pictures of some fun diaper cakes. After doing some research on just how to best create one, I decided to take a stab at it. 70-ish diapers, 3 receiving blankets, lots of rubberbands, some ribbon and crinkle-paper, and a nice serving platter later,
and this is what I got:
and this is what I got:

I have to admit, I LOVED how it turned out! I also had a ton of fun making it. OCD perfectionists like myself enjoy little 'see the end results' projects like this. If you ever want one made for something, I'd love to do it for you (after you supply all the materials, of course.)
Below are the game prizes. Gotta love the 3 for $10 deals at Bath & Body Works).
Playing some of the random games I found on the internet for baby showers:
Animal baby match
Baby Trivia
Nursery Rhyme Rhetoric

And a BIG, HUGE, SPECIAL Thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for letting me hold it at their house!
Playing some of the random games I found on the internet for baby showers:Animal baby match
Baby Trivia
Nursery Rhyme Rhetoric

And a BIG, HUGE, SPECIAL Thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for letting me hold it at their house!
4 comments:
That cake looks awesome!!! Way to go Chels!
Looks like a fun baby shower :) Great Job on the cake!! Before I read what it was I thought it was a real cake.
i'm so impressed i'm speechless... wow...t hat is crazy cool
so if I do this for lindsay's shower will you be so honored or kind of bugged?
Post a Comment