Sunday, July 20, 2008

Intramural Softball

Since Rand and I have known each other, we have been trying (in the least intense meaning of this word...it is just intramurals) to win intramural t-shirts in softball. Our first summer dating (2006) we both made it to the championship games for our teams (all guys, all girls).
We both lost! As you can see, we are in our regular t-shirts below (this is 2006):

This continued during the co-ed season (lost the championship game), and then again the next summer.

Well...we finally did it:



Our championship games were on the same night (his game was right before mine).



At one point in the game his teammate at third base went to make a play on a ball and this is what happened:


A sink-hole right in the middle of the field! We're just glad he didn't break his ankle. Made for some great pictures though.

Here are some of the usual 'crowd' at the guys games: Krista (Kenny's fiance), me and Lauren (Tyson's fiance).


I guess this is my "ready" pose...not impressive. I've slipped over the years!



The championship guys team: (front/back L-R: Ian, Nick, Rand, Kenny, Dan, Jarom, Damo, can't remember: but I'll fix this when I do!, Bryce, Tyson and Brandon. Missing Mark.)



The girls championship team: (front/back, L-R: Brit, Alixa, Krista, Athelia, Carly, me, Cara, Megan, Camille, Rachel, Cat, Kelly. We are missing Veva.)


Krista, me and Brit. We had to take a picture together in our shirts because it has been a long haul to get one together (football, basketball, softball...finally!)


Bryce, Krista, me and Rand. We've tried a few times to get shirts in softball together, so we had to capture the moment! Now we are all currently playing on a co-ed team together...we'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

SHUT-UP! :) AAAAAAAck! I'm SO jealous!! After all our years of trying! Oh how I wanted that dang intramural victory! (Of course, I still got the shirts anyway since I worked there... :) ... but it's just not the same). Congrats lady lady! You rock!

Gma & Gpa Phillips said...

Chelsy, I can't believe it!! Krista's mom was one of my best friends in high school. (Linda Criddle, Wilson, now) I met Krista when she was little, in fact, they came to our house on Poni Ct. one time.....when you were little too. Crazy stuff!