Friday, October 16, 2009

BYU Summer Ballroom Camps


Well, my busiest week of the summer finally came and seemed to pass by just as quickly!
This camp takes so much preparation because it does not run like any other camp we have all summer (mainly because it involved adults). You might think that the kids camps involve more work...but I can assure you that this camp is by far the most work of them all!

But the camp is always a blast, I meet wonderful people from all over,
and the professional dancers are always great to work with!

This is basically were I spend my days during the camp: manning the information tables.

Next are pictures of me with all the professional instructors that we had at the camp.
Again, they were so great to work with.


This is Christian Perry.
If you watch DWTS, he's been on there a number of times as a choreographer and guest dancer.
He also did the "Khaki's Swing" commercial for Gap a long time ago (among other things).
I still stand by my statement from last summer: he resembles a tan Nicholas Cage.
Urs and Agnes. They were here for 2 weeks because they worked both Adult and Youth Ballroom camps. Urs is German and Agnes is Polish.
There dance numbers at the banquets were AMAZING!
Pierre and Mireille.
The cutest couple!
They are from Canada and have the sense of humor to match.
Such a great couple and I was shocked to see how well they still fly across the dance floor!
Thomas and Isabella.
These two have more energy than you could find ANYWHERE!
Rumor has it it's all the caffeine (mainly for Thomas).
They are both from Poland.
They had the most energized performance at the banquet.
Tomas and JT.
Two of the nicest people I've ever met. Very kind, very gracious!
JT is just this ball of spunkiness and
Tomas...well, he's always voted 'best looking instructor' by the girls in the office.
Tomas is also Polish and JT is from the good 'ole US of A.
After a FUN FILLED Adult Ballroom camp, the next week began the Youth Ballroom camp.
I'm able to breath a little easier this week while my student planner, Amy,
steps in and handles alot of it!

This is me with Jonathan and Anna.
They are frequent dancers on DWTS.
They are both hilarious and very down to earth, and you can see how much
fun they have in together in their marriage.
I was able to drive them to the airport that morning they left and they were just so chill.
I seriously can't believe how much they travel every year...INSANE.
Amy and I with both couples at the Youth Ballroom Banquet.
All the professionals are so gracious in taking SO MANY pictures at the end of the
banquet with all the participants who request them.

And Agnes was nice enough to give me her flowers at the end of Youth Ballroom because they were headed to another event and she couldn't take them with her.
Time to start preparing for next year already!
If you want to learn how to ballroom dance from some great professionals,
come on out!

2 comments:

cameron said...

I'm sure you had your feet moving under that info booth - I LOVE DANCING...

Tracy and Odie said...

um, hello, where is YOUR pumpkin with MY name on it?

let's do this. let's buy clearance pumpkins, write our shout-outs and both post on next monday with photos.

done?

come visit me!!! i'm pregnant and can't travel to utah :) haha, i totally could...