Rand and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary in July.
Because the summer is so insanely busy for me, and Rand was swamped himself with school, we decided to keep things small with just dinner and a movie.
I thought it would be great to go to one of our favorite restaurants.
We went there quite a few times when we were dating and we always loved it!
It had great food (one of the few places this picky eater could try something new and not fear!)
It also had this nice, quiet and chill atmosphere.
The owner (who was actually Italian) always came around EVERY time I had been there and would ask how your meal was.
And occasionally, some nights, there was live music roaming throughout the restaurant.
It was perfect...a nice, personal touch for us on our busy anniversary.
We got dressed up, parked down the street so we could walk a few blocks together
past one of my favorite parks (we also went there one of our first dates...
and it was the same street where we first held hands.)
All was going well...
and then we arrived at the restaurant.

and it was closed!
This is me by the note informing everyone of it's closing.
I couldn't believe it! I was heartbroken. Seriously one of my favorite restaurants ever!
They apparantly sold a few of their recipes that would be sold through Costco and decided to follow that venture and get out of the restaurant business.
So we went to another restaurant instead.
It wasn't the same! It never could be.
But Rand and I still had a wonderful time together, of course!

It's crazy that it's been two years already!
As Rand will always say if you ask him, "Two blissful years." :o)
2 down...and an eternity to go!

3 comments:
Wow, two years already?! That's crazy. Isn't marriage great? And it just keeps getting better:)
Good old Los Hermanos, huh?! I was so bummed that Ottavio's closed too. I hardly ever went there, but it was good! Congrats on your race, and for two years of being married!
We actually didn't go to Los Hermanos. We went to another Italian place called Gloria's Little Italy. Seriously not even close to the same!
Post a Comment