Saturday, August 30, 2008

More August Fun!

Well, after camps ended and I finished up a big national dance conference, I finally got a breather! First on the agenda...JACK JOHNSON CONCERT!
My parents and little brother came into town for Education Week at BYU. Kev got a ticket to come with us to the concert and it was a blast! I loved the chill atmosphere there. The only thing I wish is that I could sit the whole time. Maybe this is why I don't go to too many concerts...but I just wanted to sit, chill and listen to Jack. But the people in the row in front of us wanted to stand the ENTIRE time! Oh well, I still enjoyed it. I did still sit at times and just watched the screens (something I'm used to doing at sporting events. I know, I'm wierd. I'm not a fan of student sections because you end up standing most the time and really, I just want to chill and watch the event. Maybe this is why I love baseball games because you SIT and chill and watch and only get up for REALLY exicting plays. For basketball games when I was first at BYU, I used to go and get in with my student ticket (cheaper and on benches) and then move to an open chair in the regular seats. My favorite tickets I ever had for football games were the ones I won with a friend. We sat WAY up towards the top...but we did SIT and were able to see the whole field and everything entialed in the play. ) Anyway...yeah, I prefer to sit and chill.
The stage set up was awesome! The way they had the different screens with the pictures and videos was pretty cool.


The encore was really cool. Just Jack returned and played his guitar. They made it look like there were stars behind him and it was pretty cool.

Sadly (but not really for me), Rand had to give back his summer ride! Our friend Clayton was leaving for the summer and let Rand use his motorcycle while he was gone. It helped us a lot because my work schedule was so crazy this summer and one car would have been really hard.

Rand loved having the bike and loved riding it. He told me that it didn't 'get it out of his system', but instead just put it in his system. Luckily, we don't have the money to get one...and by the tiem we do, we'll have kids and we both agree it's too dangerous to risk!


While the fam was in town we decided to have a little fun. We went rock climbing one day with Brian, Em, Kev and his friend Amelia. Rand has a bad shoulder right now, so he couldn't climb. But he ran over to the climbing gym and cheered us on.
Kev and Em goofing around!


Amelia made it to the top!


As did Emily!
(I apparantly missed the memo to wear a white shirt and pink sweats. But lets be honest, I don't own pink sweats..and the odds are slim that I ever will.)

Brian showing off his climbing abilities.

I didn't get any good pics of me or Kev climbing (we go alot though, so we have plenty already).

Next we decided to take a trip to Sundance where we could do a little mountain biking while my parents and the grandkids rode the chair lift and chilled. It was the perfect day for riding! I don't have a pic of all of us (I think Em has one, I'll have to get it). It was Bri, Em, Kev, Amelia, Rand and I. Em and Amelia hadn't been before, but they both did really good for their first time. It's not the easiest thing to do and the risk of getting hurt is kind of high (just ask Brian about his reck a few months ago, not to mention my spill at Sundance two summers ago).





At the end, Rand and I took one more ride by ourselves and went on a little longer ride around Scott's pond and Archie's Loop. Archie's loop is a really narrow trail with alot of steep drop-offs...but the scenary is gorgeous. It was an awesome ride!

f

Then a few days later we decided to do some camping with our friends Bryce and Krista. I knew both of them before they ever knew each other. Krista and I play sports together and Bryce was in mine and Rand's single ward. As soon as I heard they had been out on a date I knew they'd be perfect together! A year later and they are expecting their first baby in a few months.



We headed up to Payson Lakes where we did some fishing, horse-back riding and chilled around the campfire eating tin-foil dinners, smores and chatting.

I hadn't been fishing in probably about 20 years! But, I actually caught a fish!
I let Rand do the gutting though! haha!



And the horse-back riding is my favorite! I love riding horses. They are such beautiful animals and it's just so chill and relaxing to ride. Unfortunately, I found that Rand really is not a fan of horses AT ALL! He is actually pretty scared of horses...but he was really nice to still go for me. He kept telling me all throughout the ride that it was proof that he loved me! haha!
And yeah, Krista is 7 months pregnant (though you can barely tell), and she's out camping in a tent and riding horses. She's such a stud!


And we ended August with the wedding of our friend Clayton and his wife Dani. It was a beautiful sealing and Dani looked gorgeous! How Clayton got so lucky is beyond me?! Just kidding, Clayton is one of our good friends and we are so happy for him! and we loved their wedding colors (green, brown and ivory! What GREAT taste!)

Now, one more day off with Labor Day and then it's back to...laboring at work and school (kind of ironic, don't cha think?)

4 comments:

Jarom said...

Nice mountain bike, Rand.

Jana Brookes said...

Wow! You are one busy girl! Next time you come all the way down to Payson, you need to come see me!
James loves going fishing up there, and we like to go along for the ride and just walk around and see the beautiful sights!

Sherrie said...

Hey there! It looks like you are having fun times. Tim is really into mountain biking these days, he'll have to get in touch with you guys to find some trails that he might not know about. He rides alot up in SL and around Alpine/Draper.
Anyway, I'm glad to see that you are doing well and having good times.
See you soon!

Jenner said...

lots of fun. let's be honest i will never own pink sweats either. :)