Monday, June 22, 2009

Hawaii Overview

We LOVED our trip!

We had to save up for it, and we sacrificed some other 'wants',
but it was SO WORTH IT!


Things we will do next time (assuming there is a next time) that we didn't do this time:

1. SURF! I totally regret not doing this. If we go again, this will probably be the first thing we do after stepping off the plane!

2. Stand-up paddle board: It just looks fun.

2. Hike the Na Pali coast. It will require some change in our packing, but from what we've seen, it would totally be worth it!

3. Kayak the Na Pali coast. There is nothing so relaxing as kayaking in the ocean. So chill, so serene. Add in that blue water, waterfalls, caves, beaches, dolphins, etc: I can't imagine a better kayaking trip!

4. Explore more of Kauai (the canyons, waterfalls, rivers, etc.)

Things we will do again next time (again, assuming there is a next time):

1. Island hop! We didn't know at first if we were going to do this. But considering how cheap it is to do, it was totally worth it. We kept hearing about Kauai and decided to add it in and we are SO glad we did. Experiencing the 'scene' on both islands was such a blast!

2. Matsumoto's shaved ice: there's only one...so if you are on the same island as it...just go, you won't regret it.

3. Walmart: purchase breakfast and lunch items at the grocery store and put them in the hotel fridge. This helped us save money and gave us more freedom to try some great restaurants for dinner. We also purchased boogie boards and snorkeling gear at walmart, and then sold them to a family who was just arriving to Kauai as we were leaving.

4. GPS: On Kauai is really isn't necessary (we didn't have it and it worked fine). We did have it on Oahu thanks to Rand's brother. Perhaps we'd be okay without it as well (I mean, it's an island...how lost can you really get)...but the ease of it was just too nice. Just type in a location and follow the little voice in the box. :o)

Things we will NOT do again next time (again, assuming there is a next time):
Are you kidding?
We don't regret anything we did in Hawaii!
We'll try to do it all again...and MORE!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I don't know if I'll ever hear the end of the 'hair down while playing football' issue. :)
Okay, and I'm SOOOO jealous that you went to Hawaii!!!! I've been once with my sister and her hubby and their little baby. I was there mostly as a babysitter (hence, my flight was paid for and I got a room for free) so I didn't end up getting to do a whole lot of fun, vacationy things. But it was SO gorgeous and I'm dying to take Jim there sometime (he's never been). Your pictures are giving me Hawaii envy. :) :)

Courtney said...

rub it in even more! ha ha I do like this post because I know I'm going to call you someday when Cody and I go and get all your tips from your trip so we don't miss anything. I have done a lot of what you did but I lot I have missed out on and I don't want to miss out on anything when we go (someday I hope). That's awesome you guys, nice vaca before school starts up again.

Unknown said...

Hey, this is Sam Zaelit, I grew up with Rand! It's Brown, now, though. I found your blog through Jameson & Kamrah King, some friends of mine! Small world. How is life going? Hawaii is amazing, we loved it too. I would love to hear from you, our blog is browninstallments.blogspot.com