Monday, October 20, 2008

The Latest...

Last Saturday, October 11th, one of my best friends got married!
Dan and Kim Ence
Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures.
But one of my friends was the photographer and she promised to send me some pics.
Here are a few pics I did get:
Kim's dress was really pretty...very classy, simple and elegant!
(I would expect nothing less from Kim.)



Here are the two little flower girls. I think they are Dan's niece's. The girl on the left had that look on her face through the entire thing, it was SO funny!
Especially when someone tried to take her picture.



It always takes a big event for any of the old gang to get back together!
We were able to see Brad and JD, as well as Jorey and his wife.
They refuse to take serious picture, too!

All I have to say to Linds and Kim: The CURSE is finally BROKEN!

Then this last Saturday we went on a fun double date with our friends, Brit and Kyle. It was a first date for them (Brit and I play sports together and Kyle works at the MTC with Rand). Since we are all a littel competetive, we decided to have a little team competition bowling
(following a scrumptious meal at Rumbi Grill).

I'll let the picture tell you who won!

We have now been challenged to other sports like tennis (which they are both great at and we...well, we've played), table tennis, basketball, etc.
I will concure that Brit is usually the better athlete than me (yep, I actually said it!)
This is why I prefer to play WITH her rather than against her!
Currently, our sights are set on the intramural championship t-shirt for flag football!

Hmmm...what other news?
Not much! Rand and I are doing our normal routine.
On Saturday I spent a number of hours cathing up on the cleaning around the apartment that's been neglected due to busy schedules. Thanks to my handy-dandy Sonic Scrubber, our bathroom and kitchen floors are SPOTLESS!

If you like cleaning (like I do), or just like things to be clean and want an easier way to do it...I highly recommend this little contraption.

OH...and the big news:
I am no longer doing the Executive MBA program (everyone let out a sigh of relief now!)
From the beginning something just wasn't sitting right with me about the program, but I thought it was more to do with the fact that I was insanely busy with work, school and my calling. I thought I just needed to let things calm down.

But, things were still feeling off about it even after things calmed down and were more organized. So, after some contemplating and praying about it, I decided to be done. The decision feels SO right, so I'm really not feeling bad or anything about it. It's a great program and I met some great people. I had a great group that I was working with. But this is the right decision for me right now! Instead, I'm going to try to take a few other classes in some areas that I'm really interested in and will be more geared towards things I plan to do in the future (I have the benefit of taking some classes for free while working for BYU).

And yes...the stress level in my life just went down considerable with that decision!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks to you Chels, thanks to you!! Thanks to you....we have found happiness and love. Thanks to you, we were able to swallow our intense fears that have kept us stuck for so long.

No but for real...thanks!!!

Jana Brookes said...

Is that Kim Brush! Wow! It's so fun to see new people on your blog I haven't seen forever. Congrats Kim!
Looks like you have been keeping busy, but a little less than before without the MBA program. Good that you figured out what you would rather do, sooner than later. Hope you have good luck with that!

Marc and Stacy said...

I'm glad you're not as stressed anymore!!

Where do you get a Sonic Scrubber...I'm totally intrigued.