
The next big adventure for me was something I've been wanting to do for a LONG time.
Now I look even younger to people! haha.
I've wanted to get them forever. It was just one of those selfish things of mine where I wanted that nice, perfect smile. I would look at pictures and even if no one else noticed, I noticed every little thing that was out of place. With all the bad luck with dental work that I have had, I became more and more conscience of my smile. Then I married someone with a perfect smile and I wanted one too!
When Rand and I first met, he had braces. I wanted to get them but he thought that would be SO NERDY if we both had them...so I waited. We decided that since I have such great benefits through my work right now that we should go ahead and do it.
It's been one month so far and my teeth have moved a ton already. My bottom teeth are already almost in line. I haven't had much pain at all (shocker for me and my dental history). We'll see how it goes when they tighten them in another month.
1 month down...17 more to go!
Also this month, Rand and my birthdays. I had had class in Salt Lake one weekend (the weekend of the BYU vs. UCLA game). So while I sat in class Rand went to the game with his mom and brother (who flew in for the game). I then headed back to Rand's parents to watch the rest of what can only be called a slaughter with Rand's dad. We then all met up at The Asian Star in Sandy for our birthday dinner with his fam. By the way...if you live in Utah and are near Sandy, you want to eat at this restaurant, it is SO yummy!

Also this month, my old roommate Cat got married. This was a wonderful day because for whatever reasons, Cat was relationship inept (she'll admit it, I'm not being mean!) But she married a wonderful guy who is perfect for her (although he is a Yankees fan...sick!) And their reception was ridiculous (so nice!) Best reception food I've ever had! Rand got eat a bunch of fajitas while I had a few cups of special order hot chocolate
(and these were only a few of the MANY choices!)

Sorry to all who read the blog and we don't update it too often. It's been pretty busy for us and we've been trying to get more organized with our schedules. I'm hoping to post more often in the future (set aside time each Sunday)...we'll see how that goes!


12 comments:
Good luck with the braces. I got braces for the second time (I had my first set from 6th-9th grade) ten months ago and the results are amazing. I still have over a year to go, but I'm sure the end result will be well worth the time. You look cute with braces! :)
Randall,
Hey I found your blog through Jenae's and I was so excited. I am so glad to see that things are going so well for you guys. Jenae and I miss seeing everyone (that's what we get for living so far away). Anyway we are glad you guys have a blog so that we don't feel so out of the loop!
Oh my goodness chelsy- look at you! Is it okay that I have a crush on your braces? You look too cute.
Hey Chelsy! Those braces look great- you'll be so glad you did it. Although,it may not be fair for one person to be so near perfection;) To answer the questions -kate is now 14 months old, we are STILL in provo, (technically orem) but it's our last year at BYU we will both graduate in April! Then off to Portland for the real world of working for Ryan at Moss Adams, where he interned last summer.
Ahh! I can't believe you got braces! That's too funny. You DO look even younger (but at this stage, that can only be a plus, right??!) :) Well, I'm sure you're gonna have an awesome smile. I never noticed any crooked teeth to begin with, but it's true what they say, you're your own worst critic. Lotsa love.
People who wait to get braces until they're already past the awkward middle school years are cheaters. Just like the people who only had to wear their headgear at night. But I'm not bitter or anything. :-)
hey r we ever going to get together or what!? Me, You and Sara! I'm moving to California- sooner then later so let's try for Oct. Thanks for the referral to Kim, r u going? maybe i will see you there. send me your email so brad can add you to our blog, he made us private.
kensley@photographybykensley.com
Yay! Love hearing about what you guys are up to!
in that last picture you look like a 4 eyed brace face. ha ha ha ha ha!! good for you for taking advantage of the benefits, i'm sure you won't regret it. recently brenna and liese fox both have had braces and their smiles look great!
I have missed you! Welcome back. Im jealous about the braces! I had them, wore my retainer religiously, then when I was in Italy two summers ago, a very bad man stole my back pack that had all of my make-up and retainer in it. My teeth have been moving back now! Makes me so mad. So I need to apologize to my Dad for wasting all the money on my teeth. Back to buck tooth Lindsay! OH and PS...I didn't cancel our lunch date because I had another party to go to!!!! That was a family gathering the night before we left...so there! And...we are officially old now!
haha...I'm loving all the comments. Jeff, I waited until my 20's to get them (and glasses) so I could avoid all the middle school mean comments like, "four-eyed-brace-face". OH WAIT, that's why I still have friends like Jenner! Jenner, it's comments like that that got us in CONSTANT trouble at girls camp year after year! haha!
Linds...maybe we'll talk 'old' in a year. Maybe I'll just consider myself Rand's age, that gives me an extra 4 years! We can live through out youngin' husbands!
yahoo for braces....enjoy enjoy
Post a Comment