Monday, March 17, 2008

CALI

At the beginning of August we drove to California along with Rand's family for our reception there. While we were there we of course had to visit a few 'must see' places.

First up: the Sacramento Temple! I still remember when they announced that the temple would be built where it is. That weekend I was in town and was heading up to a fireside being held at the Mormon Center building located there. My dad got all excited and said he'd drive me (I was pretty sure that being, I think, 22 at the time I could handle it myself), but my dad insisted he wanted to drive me so he could time the drive! He was so excited it was only 15 minutes from our home!




Baseball (you should be hearing the voice of James Earl Jones right about now! Go watch 'Field of Dreams' for those who are wondering why!)! Is there anything better on a summers day than heading to the ballpark? As soon as Rand's brother, Jason, knew when we were heading to Cali, he checked the game schedules. At the time, Bonds was on track to break the record while we were there. So after pulling off a small miracle, they secured three tickets to the game (for Jason, Rand and their dad). Unfortunately, Bonds had already broken the record about 5 days previous by the time we went. So, my father-in-law, being the wonderful person that he is, let me take his ticket for the game. I LOVE ballgames...just chill with friends, chatting and watching the game, the seventh inning stretch, double plays, rally caps...the list goes on and on!



I think these people missed the memo that Bond's wasn't playing this game!






Just some fun and random pictures of us in San Fran!




In all my times down to visit San Fran while growing up, I had never been to Alcatraz. That was a pretty cool experience to go out there. You can take a audio tour about the facilities that is pretty neat.









And of course it was so fun to see my family and friends back in California! If you want to see pictures from the Cali reception, just visit this site my brother created: http://www.randandchelsy.com/

4 comments:

Justin said...

Geese! You are playing catch up... I started to put a bunch of pics of the boys on the blog... but there is just too much catching up to do... I might have to dedicate Sundays to the past... I don't know... Anyway, we started a blog. Come take a look when you have a second. Keep in touch cuz,

Justin

colin and brooke thompson said...

Hey! I just found your blog! We need to get together when you're out next!

Jenner said...

i'm so glad you have a blog. when you commented on my YW BBall thing it was so fun to hear from you, but then no link or email or anything. so i'm glad we can be connected now. looks like you have a lot of fun memories with your man. i noticed he was wearing an IU shirt in a few of the pics. is there a special connection there or is he just a hoosier fan?

Chelsy said...

Brooke! Yeah...I'm finally getting more connected with people! I guess that's what happens when you finally give up on being caught up on your blog before 'going live'. :o) We are going to try to make it out there this summer, but it's my insanely busy time at work with camps and stuff. We'll see.

Jenner - The Indiana shirt was sent to me from Kevin while he was on his mission. It was too big for me, and once Rand passed the 'he's sticking around for awhile' period...I gave the shirt to him. Did you know Kevin served there? If you have any questions...he could answer them for you! In fact, if I remember to scan a picture for you then I'll post it on here for you...my favorite pic from his mission that totally captures the 'loveable' side of Indiana natives! :o)